Last modified: 1/24/2022
Privacy Across Borders (“PAB”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.privacyacrossborders.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means; or
- Any third parties, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the PAB Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
What Type of Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website:
- This Website is hosted by WordPress and makes use of website usage tools provided by WordPress. Those tools can capture information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as when you visited the website, page and post views, search engine terms used to arrive at this Website, file downloads from this Website should you initiate any, which country you are viewing the website from, clicks to different links on our Website, and how you were referred to our Website; and
- If you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will have records and copies of your email correspondence, which include your email address and any other personal information you include in your email correspondence to us.
How We Collect This Information
- When you email us at email@example.com, we will have the email address from which you sent the email along with any personal information you have chosen to include in the email.
In any event, we will not seek to associate website usage data with any individual.
Who has access to your data?
When you access our website, WordPress.org will retain anonymized data about your activity on the website. Otherwise, we do not share your information with third parties or affiliates. We will not sell your data or ask for your personal information unless it is used for a service. We will not share your information with law enforcement unless required by law.
How long do we retain information for?
PAB retains your information acquired through email indefinitely until you request it to be deleted. If you want PAB to delete your email correspondence, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an EU citizen and interact with our website, it is possible that the processing of your personal data will be deemed to fall under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
For purposes of GDPR:
Our processing is based on our legitimate interest to communicate with our Website visitors and provide free, educational resources.
What are your rights under the GDPR?
If the processing of your personal data falls under the GDPR, you have several rights. This includes:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights related to automated decision making and profiling
You can revoke consent at any time. To do so, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that we do not associate technical usage data with any individual. If you wish to exercise any of the foregoing as it relates to such technical usage data, we may not be able to identify or retrieve that data.